Top News Stories
CHICAGO (AP) - The latest on the aftermath of the shooting of a black teenager by a white Chicago police officer: (Posted 2:30 a.m.) Most protesters in Chicago seemed to honor pleas for restraint in the hours after the release of a dash-cam video showing the shooting death of a black teen by a white police officer.Demonstrators took to the streets Tuesday night, at times numbering in the hundreds. There were a few tense moments, and at least two people were arrested. But the demonstrations...
Local News - Latest Stories
- Amid Busy Travel, Area Law Enforcement Urge Caution
- Peoria City Council Talks Rental Property Fees, New Member Sworn-In
- District 150 increasingly diverse, state Report Card data show
- Uber launches in Peoria, ahead of holidays
- District 150 approves property tax levy in preparation for proposed Senate Bill
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - The Illinois Department of Commerce says it has reached tax-break deals with three companies following Gov. Bruce Rauner's recent decision to reinstate corporate tax incentives. The deals through the EDGE tax-credit program, though, would not provide tax incentives until Rauner and Illinois lawmakers agree on the overdue state budget. The department did not provide the size of the tax breaks the companies would receive. Under the deals announced Tuesday, Fabrik...
The annual presidential turkey pardoning event at the White House, which takes place again today, is a peculiar one. Presiding over his sixth one last year, even President Obama seemed confused by it all."It is a little puzzling that I do this every year," Obama said, "but I will say that I enjoy it, because with all the tough stuff that swirls around in this office, it's nice once in a while to just say, 'Happy Thanksgiving.' "He says a lot more than that. He makes embarrassing dad jokes,...
Latest News from NPR
- Some Ancient Farmers Grew Fava Beans Before They Grew Grains
- From Takeout To Breakups: Apps Can Deliver Anything, For A Price
- Caught Between A Turkey Leg And A Political Diatribe? We're Here To Help
- Obama: No Specific, Credible Terrorist Threat Against U.S.
- Australia Testing Shark-Detecting Drones To Prevent Shark Attacks