Top News Stories
Peoria government and business leaders helped break ground on the highly-publicized Portillo’s Restaurant Wed. The national chain is opening a location across from Northwoods Mall. The business is already stirring mixed reactions.
With roughly three months to go until Illinois' primary election, there are seven men seeking the Democratic Party's nomination to be governor of Illinois. One of the key questions facing primary voters: To counter the vast wealth of incumbent Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner, do Democrats need their own billionaire at the top of the ticket? Brian Mackey explores the potential upsides — and downsides — of an ultra-wealthy candidate.
Updated at 3:27 p.m. ET After a brief security evacuation, U.S. telecom regulators have voted to repeal so-called net neutrality rules, which restrict the power of Internet service providers to influence loading speeds for specific websites or apps. After weeks of heated controversy and protests, the Republican majority of the Federal Communications Commission voted along party lines on Thursday to loosen Obama-era regulations for Internet providers. The rules, put in place in 2015 , banned...
- Poll: Americans Overwhelmingly Support 'Zero Tolerance' On Sexual Harassment
- What Are The Two Health Bills Sen. Susan Collins Wants Congress To Act On?
- Putin Says He Hopes For Better U.S.-Russia Relations
- How The 'Village Movement' Is Being Adapted In Rural Areas
- European Union Leaders To Review Britain's Brexit Progress