Top News Stories
The Peoria County State’s Attorney is asking people to remain peaceful and reserve judgment on the police shooting Wednesday that resulted in the death of 25-year-old Eddie Russell Jr. According to the Peoria County Coroner, the autopsy shows Russell was shot 18 times. Peoria Police confirm the evidence they found at the scene is consistent with 18 shots fired. Peoria Police says Special Response Team Officers fired on Russell as he aggressively emerged from his home on Sheffield Drive with a...
On September 10, I attended a rally in Springfield in support of the beneficiaries of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). The day before, I made three signs for the rally that read: "Defend DACA," "Dreamers, not Criminals," and "Dreamers are Here to Stay."
For more than nine months, Twitter and Facebook have tried to dodge the intense public scrutiny involved with the investigation into Russian interference in last year's presidential election. Now they're in the spotlight. Congressional investigators are digging in on Russia's use of Facebook, Twitter and other social media companies to try to influence the 2016 campaign. And after a series of escalating complaints by the leaders of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Facebook said Thursday it...
- Cut Off From The World, Puerto Ricans Search For A Ghost Of A Signal
- After Returning From Her 'Girl Power Trip,' Malala Continues Advocating For Education
- Germany's Political Earthquake: Making Sense Of The Right Shift In Elections
- Trump Administration Revises Travel Ban To Expand Beyond Muslim-Majority Countries
- National Museum Of African American History And Culture Celebrates 1 Year