Top News Stories
Updated at 3:20 p.m. ET Hundreds of thousands of students, teachers, parents and victims rallied in Washington, D.C., and across the country on Saturday to demand tougher gun control measures, part of a wave of political activism among students and others impacted by school shootings. The "March for Our Lives" protest in the nation's capital was organized by students after 17 people were killed in a mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., last month. The...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtbdqIds_3c Our latest NPR Ed video takes on that question so many parents are asking: How much time should my kid spend looking at phones and screens and tablets and TVs and ... In a nutshell (and inspired by food writer Michael Pollan), my advice is: "Enjoy screens. Not too much. Mostly together." This comes from my reporting on the latest research on family media use, and it's one of the major takeaways from The Art of Screen Time . This video is our guide...
- Watch: 'March For Our Lives' Rally In Washington, D.C.
- Hundreds Of Thousands March For Gun Control Across The U.S.
- To Save Whales, Maine's Iconic Lobster Industry May Have To Change
- Sisi Is All But Assured A Second Term In Egypt's Presidential Election
- Trump Swaps Complete Ban For 'Qualified Ban' On Transgender Military Service