Top News Stories
Peoria International Airport terminal is reopened. The airport was closed this morning for commercial flights. Incoming airport traffic was also stopped and diverted at Dirksen Parkway. A statement from Airport Director Gene Olson and staff around 5:00 a.m.: “Early this morning, during a time when there were no passengers at the airport, a man accessed the airport and broke into a secured area. He was immediately apprehended and steps are underway to re-establish security throughout the...
A former math professor who reported income of less than $35,000 last year is campaigning as a middle-class candidate in an Illinois governor's race that includes a couple millionaires and a billionaire.
By the time the first week wrapped up at the Pyeongchang Winter Olympics, the powerful, icy winds that earlier disrupted or delayed competition had largely calmed. Norway's team led in medals, with 19, and Germany won more gold — nine medals — in the first week than any other country. The U.S., meanwhile, earned eight medals by Friday, including five gold. Snowboarder Redmond "Red" Gerard, a 17-year-old who overslept on the day of his event and had to borrow a too-big jacket after he couldn't...
- McMaster Says Evidence of Russia Meddling 'Incontrovertible'
- 13 Die After Helicopter Surveying Earthquake Damage Crashes In Mexico
- Pakistan: Zainab Ansari's Confessed Killer Sentenced To Death
- She Sentenced A Teen To 241 Years In Prison. Now She Wants Her Decision Overturned
- Did Pox Virus Research Put Potential Profits Ahead of Public Safety?