A more than 4-hour police standoff ended peacefully today.
Champaign Police Sgt. Geoff Coon said he’s waiting on roughly $50,000 in federal grant money that’s due to the central Illinois police department. Another agency that uses the funding to pay for programs that focus on recidivism and re-entry and community-based violence intervention programs in the Rockford area also hasn’t received their funding this year.
Updated at 9:15 a.m. ET The European Commission has fined Google $5 billion for violating the European Union's antitrust rules — specifically, by forcing manufacturers of Android phones to install the Google search app and the Chrome Web browser. "Google has used Android as a vehicle to cement the dominance of its search engine," Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement. "These practices have denied rivals the chance to innovate and compete on the merits." The tech giant plans to...
- Replacing Vacant Lots With Green Spaces Can Ease Depression In Urban Communities
- Former South Korea President Sentenced To 8 More Years In Prison
- More Than 100 Former Ohio State Students Allege Abuse By School Doctor
- Paramount President Fired Amid Allegations of Racially Charged Comments
- Politics In Zimbabwe Has A New Soundtrack