Authorities say a Peoria police officer fatally shot a 19-year-old man who fled from a vehicle after a traffic stop. Luis Cruz died overnight. The shooting happened just after midnight at West Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive and south Blaine Street.
- UPDATED: Peoria Sees 3rd Police Shooting in 10 Months
- Peoria Police Officer Fatally Shoots 19-Year-Old After Traffic Stop
- House Fire Claims the Life of Four-Year-Old Bartonville Boy
- Peoria Pulls Plug on Contentious Riverfront Apartments Plan
- Student Behavioral Threat Assessment Workshop Held in Dunlap
Champaign Police Sgt. Geoff Coon said he’s waiting on roughly $50,000 in federal grant money that’s due to the central Illinois police department. Another agency that uses the funding to pay for programs that focus on recidivism and re-entry and community-based violence intervention programs in the Rockford area also hasn’t received their funding this year.
Updated at 9:15 a.m. ET The European Commission has fined Google $5 billion for violating the European Union's antitrust rules — specifically, by forcing manufacturers of Android phones to install the Google search app and the Chrome Web browser. "Google has used Android as a vehicle to cement the dominance of its search engine," Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement. "These practices have denied rivals the chance to innovate and compete on the merits." The tech giant plans to...
- Father Of 2 Parkland Shooting Survivors Is Shot And Killed In Robbery
- Sleep Scientist Warns Against Walking Through Life 'In An Underslept State'
- Starbucks To Open First 'Signing Store' In The U.S. To Serve Deaf Customers
- North Korean Economy Suffered Sharpest Drop In 2 Decades, South Says
- Deported Guatemalan Man Desperately Awaits Return Of 9-Year-Old Son From U.S. Custody