Top News Stories
A murder case involving the killing of a Peoria County Sheriff's sergeant in 1970 will get a modern-day reconsideration this week. 74-year-old Cleve Heidelberg’s sentence will be reexamined Tues. in a hearing that will consider new evidence and testimony.
Members of Congress return to Washington on Monday after a week-long work sessions in their home districts. Like some other around the country, St. Louis-area representatives are catching criticism for not using the break to host town hall meetings to hear from constituents. There was one exception; Sen. Claire McCaskill, D-Mo., held a listening session Friday in Hillsboro regarding pension funds. So where are your representatives, and why aren’t they holding public meetings? Here’s what they...
There was a time when a whistleblower had to rely on the Postal Service, or a pay phone, or an underground parking garage to leak to the press. This is a different time. A renewed interest in leaks since Donald Trump's surprise election victory last fall, and a growth in the use of end-to-end encryption technology, have led news organizations across the country to highlight the multiple high-tech ways you can now send them anonymous tips. The Washington Post , The New York Times and...
- Can Sex Offenders Be Barred From Social Media? Justices Lean Toward No
- Minnesota Police Officer In Philando Castile Shooting Case Pleads Not Guilty
- Black Lives Matter Finds 'Renewed Focus' 5 Years After Trayvon Martin
- SpaceX Announces Plans To Send Two Customers To The Moon
- Attorney General Jeff Sessions Focuses On Violent Crime And Police Morale