Top News Stories
- UAW Ratifies Caterpillar Contract
- Advocates to Undocumented Immigrants: 'Know Your Rights'
- Peoria Gas Station Owner to Pay $1.5 M, Serve 21 Months in Prison for Tax Evasion
- UnityPoint-Health Proctor Unveils New Transitional Care Unit
- US Army Corps of Engineers to Help Revitalize Illinois River, Peoria Lakes
Illinois Senator Dick Durbin greeted about 500 central Illinois residents at a town hall meeting in Bloomington Friday with the words, "There was good news from Washington today." Durbin was referring to the failure of the U.S. House to pass a Republican-backed replacement for the Affordable Care Act.
It's clear from the numbers. Google has a diversity problem. For the past few years, the company has publicly shared its workplace makeup in a report detailing the race, gender and ethnicity of each employee hired the previous year. Last year, while the number of black employees went up, they still represented only 2 percent of the company's workforce and Google admitted it fell short of its diversity goal. In one small step to grow those numbers, this summer 25 students from Howard...
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Elon Musk Seen Targeting Human-Computer Link In New Venture
- Google Hopes To Hire More Black Engineers By Bringing Students To Silicon Valley
- Pinkies Up! A Local Tea Movement Is Brewing
- Even With The Wars Behind Us, In Charleston, Cannonballs Still Found Below