Top News Stories
Fairview firefighter and Army Sergeant Douglas Riney has died in Kabul, Afghanistan supporting Operation Freedom’s Sentinel.
State officials say the unemployment rate in Illinois held steady at 5.5% in September, and the number of jobs in the state grew. The Illinois Department of Employment Security, in its monthly unemployment report, says that the state added 7,400 jobs since August and has added 43,400 jobs since September 2015.
Mexico City's Mayor Miguel Angel Mancera is handing out plastic whistles. A half-million of them. At three bucks a pop, he's hoping that women will use the whistles to scare off harassers on the packed public transportation system.When the plan was announced this summer, it received a flurry of scathing criticism and mocking memes on social media. But city officials are moving forward and have been handing out the whistles by the thousands at subway and bus stops.At the Zapata metro station...
- NFL Struggles As Another Star Player Is Accused Of Domestic Abuse
- In Jerusalem And West Bank, Nutella Cafes Offer A Sweet Refuge
- Justice Ginsburg To Make Her Operatic Debut — Sort Of
- At Al Smith Dinner, Donald Trump Turns Friendly Roast Into 3-Alarm Fire
- Can Hashtags And Pop-Up Protests Topple A Leader?