Top News Stories
The Metro Nashville Police Department has announced that the Antioch Waffle House shooting suspect, 29 year-old Travis Reinking of Morton, Illinois, has been apprehended. Via Twitter, officials confirmed Reinking was nabbed in a wooded area several miles from the crime scene. BREAKING: Travis Reinking apprehended moments ago in a wooded area near Old Hickory Blvd & Hobson Pk. pic.twitter.com/00ukga37s6 — Metro Nashville PD (@MNPDNashville) April 23, 2018 Meanwhile, back in Reinking's home...
Legislation to expand Illinois’ sales tax for online shopping recently passed the Senate. But it faces several more hurdles before it could become law.
A new exhibit that opens Monday at the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum aims to honor a founding mission. Five years in the making, "Americans and the Holocaust" contextualizes attitudes in the U.S. during 1930s and '40s persecution and mass murder of Jews in Europe. Twenty-five years ago, when the building opened, noted Holocaust survivor Elie Wiesel introduced the museum not as an answer to the horrors of genocide but to pose a glaring question: How could this happen? The American...
- Suspected Driver Of Toronto Van Attack Arrested
- Toronto Police Say Suspect In Van Attack Not Associated With Any Terrorist Group
- Former President George. H.W. Bush Hospitalized For Blood Infection
- Colorado Supreme Court Boots GOP Congressman Off 2018 Ballot
- Waffle House Shooting Underscores How Gun Laws Vary From State To State
Out and About
- Heartland Festival Orchestra's "Jazz in Spring" features old favorites, young musicians
- Bradley Community Chorus Director Takes Final Bow with This Weekend's Concert
- Peoria Ballet Goes From ‘Ballet to Broadway’
- Celebrating Illinois' Bicentennial With The Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Corn Stock Presents "Whiskey and Vaudeville Revue"