Top News Stories
A state legislative proposal would make sure schools teach about LGBTQ people who made history. Equality Illinois, an LGBTQ advocacy group, says many of the state’s school-aged children who don’t identify as heterosexual feel left out of history lessons. Mike Ziri is the group’s Public Policy Director.
Scientists from the Chicago Zoological Society and a team assembled by the Reproductive and Behavioral Sciences Department at the St. Louis Zoo are using artificial insemination in an effort to improve the genetic diversity of the Mexican wolf population. The Chicago Tribune reports that the wolves have been endangered since 1976, when only seven were left in the wild. Now, scientists at Brookfield Zoo are utilizing new reproductive tools and technologies to advance the recovery of the...
The city of Raqqa was the de facto capital of the Islamic State. ISIS fighters were defeated there back in October, and they scattered in all directions. But they left behind a deadly legacy - thousands upon thousands of explosive booby traps. Now U.S. and Syrian trainers are teaching young men how to dismantle those bombs, at a village on the outskirts of the city. In an exercise a Syrian instructor and his young student are trying to do just that. A mock explosive is set inside the metal...
- French Olympic Ice Skater Has 'Nightmare' Wardrobe Malfunction
- What's It Like To Be Rich? Ask The People Who Manage Billionaires' Money
- Chicago Fans Bounced For Racist Taunts Aimed At Capitals' Devante Smith-Pelly
- New York Times Investigates Ambush Of U.S. Soldiers In Niger
- In Pennsylvania, New Court-Drawn Voting Map Could Shift Advantage To Democrats