Top News Stories
Peoria government and business leaders helped break ground on the highly-publicized Portillo’s Restaurant Wed. The national chain is opening a location across from Northwoods Mall. The business is already stirring mixed reactions.
With roughly three months to go until Illinois' primary election, there are seven men seeking the Democratic Party's nomination to be governor of Illinois. One of the key questions facing primary voters: To counter the vast wealth of incumbent Republican Gov. Bruce Rauner, do Democrats need their own billionaire at the top of the ticket? Illinois Newsroom’s Brian Mackey explores the potential upsides — and downsides — of an ultra-wealthy candidate.
After weeks of heated controversy and protests, U.S. telecom regulators are slated to repeal so-called net neutrality rules, which restrict the power of Internet service providers to influence loading speeds for specific websites or apps. The Republican majority of the Federal Communications Commission is expected to vote along party lines on Thursday to loosen Obama-era regulations for Internet providers. The rules, put in place in 2015 , ban cable and telecom companies from blocking or...
- Teens: Pretty Sober, Except For The Marijuana And Vaping
- Heading North: American Doctors Report Back From Canada
- 'Why Do You Have This Spy Hysteria?' Putin Asks At Annual News Conference
- Top Stories: Disney Buys Much Of Fox; The FCC's Net Neutrality Vote
- Here Come The Penitent Penguins: The Comedy Wildlife Photo Awards Are Back