PEORIA, Ill. - A mother whose son was fatally shot by Peoria police las September is suing the city and several officers. The lawsuit filed in federal court in Peoria late Sunday alleges officers shot Eddie Russell Jr. at least 17 times as he lifted a garage at the family's Peoria home with both hands. He was the only a suspect in an armed bank robbery that happened immediately before he retreated into the family home and refused to communicate for three hours. The filing says officers knew...
Democratic U-S Senator Dick Durbin is supporting a Republican state senator to be the next ambassador to Kenya. That’s despite the significant political differences Durbin has with state Senator Kyle McCarter. Durbin says he’s impressed with McCarter’s decades-long experience with the African nation. “I doubt if very many people in Illinois know the commitment that Kyle and his family have made to Kenya, and the medical care that they provide through a clinic there is nothing short of amazing...
Updated at 7:55 p.m. ET Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen is continuing to defend the Trump administration's controversial "zero tolerance" policy that results in separating children from their parents who enter the U.S. illegally. Nielsen appeared at the White House press briefing on Monday, falsely blaming Democrats for the current crisis and arguing that the impetus is on Congress to pass a law to close legal loopholes. "What has changed is that we no longer exempt entire...
- Trump Threatens Tariffs On $200 Billion Of Chinese Goods
- Summer Melt: Why Aren't Students Showing Up For College?
- After An Overdose, Patients Aren't Getting Treatments That Could Prevent The Next One
- How The Opioid Crisis Is Depressing America's Labor Force
- The Science Behind South Korea's Race-Based World Cup Strategy
Out and About
- World Premiere of "Ruth: The Musical" in Morton on Saturday
- Peoria Players Hosts "Show Tunes Sing-Along" this Weekend
- Peoria Bach Festival Returns with Music, Lectures, Activities
- Communities in Tazewell County Host "Fourth Friday" Art Loops This Summer
- Riverfront Market and Sculpture Walk Both Kick Off This Weekend in Downtown Peoria