A house fire in Bartonville claimed the life of four-year-old John Bankes III.
Champaign Police Sgt. Geoff Coon said he’s waiting on roughly $50,000 in federal grant money that’s due to the central Illinois police department. Another agency that uses the funding to pay for programs that focus on recidivism and re-entry and community-based violence intervention programs in the Rockford area also hasn’t received their funding this year.
Updated at 9:15 a.m. ET The European Commission has fined Google $5 billion for violating the European Union's antitrust rules — specifically, by forcing manufacturers of Android phones to install the Google search app and the Chrome Web browser. "Google has used Android as a vehicle to cement the dominance of its search engine," Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement. "These practices have denied rivals the chance to innovate and compete on the merits." The tech giant plans to...
- Trump Again Contradicts Intelligence Officials, Says Russia Not Targeting U.S.
- Elon Musk Apologizes To Diver In Cave Rescue For Words 'Spoken In Anger'
- Justice Department Calls Russian Woman, Maria Butina, A Flight Risk
- Commercial Plane Flies From Ethiopia To Eritrea For First Time In 20 Years
- Marriott Follows Starbucks In Dropping Plastic Straws