Top News Stories
SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (AP) - Illinois state lawmakers are considering a proposal that could make Illinois the first state in the Midwest and the ninth nationally to legalize recreational pot.
- Advocates to Undocumented Immigrants: 'Know Your Rights'
- Peoria Gas Station Owner to Pay $1.5 M, Serve 21 Months in Prison for Tax Evasion
- UnityPoint-Health Proctor Unveils New Transitional Care Unit
- US Army Corps of Engineers to Help Revitalize Illinois River, Peoria Lakes
- Rauner Takes AFSCME to State Supreme Court
The head of the House Intelligence Committee secretly went to the White House grounds to meet with a source, before he surprised his colleagues by briefing the president — and the press — on information they hadn't seen. The revelation, first reported by CNN and later confirmed by a spokesman for the chairman, Rep. Devin Nunes, is the latest twist in the strange saga of Nunes' unorthodox actions last week. You'll remember that President Trump has claimed, without evidence, that his campaign...
- What Gave Some Primates Bigger Brains? A Fruit-Filled Diet
- Raiders Set To Split For Las Vegas, Leaving Oakland ... In A Year Or Two
- D.C.'s Missing Teens: A False Number That Spurred A Real Conversation On Race
- AP Calculates North Carolina's 'Bathroom Bill' Will Cost More Than $3.7 Billion
- Attorney General Orders Crackdown On 'Sanctuary Cities,' Threatens Holding Funds