Top News Stories
Maile Pearl Bowlsbey is just over a week old and already she's helping force more change in the Senate than most seasoned lawmakers can even dream. She's doing it with the help of her mom, Illinois Democratic Sen. Tammy Duckworth. Duckworth gave birth to Maile, her second child, on April 9, and she wants to keep her newborn nearby when she's doing her job as a senator. That would require a change in Senate rules that typically allow only senators and a handful of staff into the Senate chamber...
Illinois state legislators and advocates say state employees need more protection from a growing trend of workplace violence. But statehouse measures addressing that have gotten a mixed reception. Listen to a summary of the story.
More than 2 out of 3 college students today are not coming straight out of high school. Half are financially independent from their parents, and 1 in 4 are parents themselves. David Scobey says that, as an American studies and history professor at the University of Michigan for decades, he was "clueless" about the needs of these adult students. But then, in 2010, he became a dean at The New School, a private college in New York City, heading a division that included a bachelor's degree...
- Barbara Bush On Meeting George, Motherhood And Her Signature Fake Pearls
- After U.N. Team Comes Under Fire, Not Clear When Inspectors Will Enter Douma
- As Trump Advisers Come And Go, Mike Pompeo's Star Keeps Rising
- 3 Problems With Selling A Car In China
- Top Stories: Pompeo Travels To North Korea; No New Russia Sanctions
Out and About
- Bradley Community Chorus Director Takes Final Bow with This Weekend's Concert
- Peoria Ballet Goes From ‘Ballet to Broadway’
- Celebrating Illinois' Bicentennial With The Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Corn Stock Presents "Whiskey and Vaudeville Revue"
- "Bonnie and Clyde" Now On Stage at Peoria Players Theatre