Top News Stories
A row of pristine, white bicycles is stationed outside Peoria City Hall, ahead of Friday’s official launch of a bike share service.
Two school funding plans progressed in the Illinois legislature Wednesday. A plan sponsored by Sen. Andy Manar was approved in the Senate, while in the House, a very similar plan sponsored by Rep. Will Davis made it through committee. Does that mean lawmakers may have finally found a way to cure the state's infamously unfair school funding structure?
On Wednesday afternoon, the Justice Department selected Robert Mueller III as special counsel to investigate any links or coordination the Trump campaign had with Russia as part of that country's effort to interfere in last year's presidential election.
"Special Counsel Mueller has agreed to resign from his private law firm in order to avoid any conflicts of interest with firm clients or attorneys," a Justice Department statement noted.
It so happens that Mueller had...
- Poll: Doctors Are Still Prescribing Lots Of Opioids For Low Back Pain
- PHOTOS: When The Hindenburg Was The Height Of Luxe In-Flight Dining
- New Russia Special Counsel Has Yet to Undergo Conflicts Check
- Anthony Weiner Pleads Guilty To Charge Over Sexting With A Minor
- Chinese Fighter Jets Buzz U.S. Air Force Plane Over East China Sea