Top News Stories
Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan says she’s not running for re-election.The surprise announcement comes midway through her fourth term. Madigan has been attorney general since 2003 and has focused much of her energy on consumer protection. The Democrat has filed lawsuits over student debt, worker abuse, and drug prices.
That’s led some Republicans to say she ought to have spent more time fighting...
A dozen linemen from Springfield’s City Water, Light and Power repaired electricity lines Thursday in the hurricane-damaged town of Lake Worth, Florida, about 60 miles north of Miami. The crews arrived Tuesday to assist in restoring power to tens of thousands of residents after Hurricane Irma swept through the city. “We kind of have to help each other out because you can’t staff enough workers for a storm like this,” said Bill Mathews, a CWLP supervisor. “Maybe we have an ice storm some time...
Ken Burns became a star on PBS a generation ago by telling the story of the Civil War in a huge — and hugely popular — documentary series. Since then, he and his collaborators have done invaluable work, including a lengthy and superb examination of World War II . Burns' visual style of patiently zooming in or out of vintage photographs is famous now, and widely copied. But he has other tricks and obsessions that serve him equally well, and which all coalesce perfectly in his newest PBS series...
- Federal Court Says Trump Administration Can't Deny Funds To Sanctuary Cities
- Photos: Children Caught In The Crossfire Of Rohingya Crisis
- Protests In St. Louis After Ex-Cop Acquitted In Anthony Lamar Smith Murder Case
- Watchdogs Try To Get Mar-A-Lago Answers; Mostly Turn Up More Questions
- Vatican Recalls Priest From D.C. Diplomatic Mission, Launches Child Porn Probe