Top News Stories
Kroger is closing two Peoria stores. The Harmon Highway and Wisconsin Avenue stores are closing at the end of the month. The Harmon Highway fuel center is also closing. A statement from the company says Kroger executives have long monitored operations, hoping the stores could return to profitability; but recent evaluations suggest such improvement is no longer realistic. The announcements come during a dangerous cold snap that highlights the store closings. Both store closures will further...
The Department of Justice has asked a federal judge to toss a Chicago lawsuit targeting the Trump administration's bid to withhold public safety grants to so-called sanctuary cities refusing tougher enforcement of immigration laws.
Updated at 9:15 a.m. ET Strong wind and heavy snow is arriving in the Northeast, as a major winter storm — being called a "bomb cyclone" by forecasters — runs up the U.S. East Coast. Schools and offices have closed in many communities, and officials are urging people to stay off the roads if possible. Blizzard conditions are possible in some areas, according to forecasters with the National Weather Service. More than 3,000 U.S. flights have been canceled, according to FlightAware . More than...
- Fort Collins, Colo., Will Create Broadband Utility, 'Committed' To Net Neutrality
- Blizzard Conditions Possible As Massive Winter Storm Hits Northeast
- 'Scandalous Decision': How A Turkish Banker's Conviction In U.S. Is Roiling Ankara
- Trump's Blowup With Bannon Means He's Now All-In With McConnell And GOP Establishment
- Unlike Humans, Bonobos Shun Helpers And Befriend The Bullies