Top News Stories
OSF HealthCare intends to rehabilitate the former Chase Building in downtown Peoria. Caterpillar had purchased the building several years ago in anticipation of building its new headquarters. With the relocation of Caterpillar headquarters to north suburban Deerfield, the building sat empty. Caterpillar is donating the century-old building that once housed the Block and Kuhl Department Store and the nearby Peoria Professional Building, plus contributing three-million dollars to the project....
The parents of a suburban Chicago elementary school student suffering from leukemia are suing a Schaumburg-based school district and the state of Illinois for her to have the right to take medical marijuana at school.
Americans love Oprah Winfrey — they just don't necessarily want her to run for president. In a head-to-head matchup with President Trump, Winfrey would win 50 to 39 percent, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll . But when asked if they want Winfrey to run for president, a majority (54 percent) said they don't want her to do so, with 35 percent saying they do want her to run. The ubiquitous former talk-show host, media mogul and actress spurred talk of a potential White House bid...
- President Trump's Idea Of Good And Bad Immigrant Countries Has A Historical Precedent
- Helping Strangers May Help Teens' Self-Esteem
- It May Look The Same, But Olympic Figure Skating Will Sound Different In 2018
- California Mudslides Death Toll Rises To 18, Residents Told To Evacuate
- Syria Violence Sends Thousands of Civilians Fleeing 'De-Escalation Zone'