Top News Stories
More than 65 people turned out today at Peoria’s South Side Mission for a roundtable on what happens when two neighborhood Kroger stores close. The discussion event planned by Democratic State Senator Dave Koehler was initially expected to have about 16 people participate. Specifically, the idea of food co-ops was the topic for consideration as well as other potentially sustainable solutions to the community's growing food deserts. The Kroger stores on Harmon Highway and Wisconsin Avenue are...
The surprise fifth Democrat looking to challenge incumbent U.S. Rep. Rodney Davis says she won’t take money from corporations and will fight for universal health care, tuition-free college, and publicly funded elections.
In a country with over 28 national languages, Jhoti Prajapati did not speak at all. Her family, who lived in an Indian village in Maharashtra, was worried. When the child turned 3, her mother Rima took her to a doctor and got an explanation for the silence: Jhoti was born deaf. The diagnosis spurred Rima into action. For two years, she says, she worked diligently to acquire the disability certificate needed for Jhoti's admission to a school for the deaf. There are only 388 such schools in...
- Plane Skids Off Runway In Turkey Onto Cliff Edge, No Injuries Reported
- Behind The Genius Of Guinness, Ireland's Most Popular Tourist Attraction
- Making The Case That Discrimination Is Bad For Your Health
- House GOP To Debate Bringing Earmarks Back
- The GOP's New Tax Plan Will Affect Everyone, But Will It Grow The Economy?