Top News Stories
Illinois U.S. Senator Dick Durbin says while President Trump made the right call to attack the Assad regime last Friday, he suggests the Commander-in-Chief use more precaution moving forward. Trump last Wednesday tweeted about Russia with a heads-up on a possible U.S. missile attack on Syria. Durbin says the use of social media could have dire consequences. “If you do that, it diminishes the impact and makes it more dangerous for America. And yet this president with his daily tweets, has...
Groups are working to complete restoration of a century-old landmark known as the Black Hawk statue in northern Illinois. The 48-foot-tall, 270-ton statue in Lowden State Park has been covered in black protective sheets since a restoration effort that started five years ago came to a halt. A lack of state funding and a dispute on the restoration team stopped work. Representatives from the state Department of Natural Resources, the state Conservation Foundation, Lowden State Park, the Northern...
Doctors encounter all nature of odd things in their daily lives. Sometimes the stories end up as more than coffee-room chatter. Consider a case that spills over from the clinical to the culinary: the hot pepper and the horrible headache. Dr. Kulothungan Gunasekaran has a knack for ferreting out odd events like this. On nine separate occasions, he has turned an unusual observation into a published case-report in the medical literature. But the story of the Carolina Reaper pepper and the...
- Disgraced Donkey Kong Master Says He's Got Proof He Didn't Cheat
- After A Journey Through The Lone Star State, Author Concludes: 'The Future Is Texas'
- Chemical Weapons Inspectors Haven't Reached Douma. Finger-Pointing Has Begun
- California's Housing Crisis: Working But On The Brink Of Homelessness
- Grocery Stores Get Mostly Mediocre Scores On Their Food Waste Efforts
Out and About
- Bradley Community Chorus Director Takes Final Bow with This Weekend's Concert
- Peoria Ballet Goes From ‘Ballet to Broadway’
- Celebrating Illinois' Bicentennial With The Peoria Riverfront Museum
- Corn Stock Presents "Whiskey and Vaudeville Revue"
- "Bonnie and Clyde" Now On Stage at Peoria Players Theatre