Top News Stories
Dixon High School’s school resource officer is being lauded for stopping a student who showed up with a gun Wednesday. Dixon police have identified the officer as one of their own, Officer Mark Dallas. Dallas is a 15 year veteran of the police department, serving the last five as the high school’s resource officer. Shortly after 8:00 a.m. Wednesday, a 19-year-old student fired several shots near the gym where graduation practice was taking place. Officer Dallas, who was on duty, confronted...
- Dixon Police Officer Hailed As Hero, Student Charged In School Shooting Incident
- Lawmaker Asks IL House to Agree with Rauner on Gun Bill Changes
- Illinois Republican Party Makes Deal To Avoid Leadership Fight
- Death Penalty Proposal Perspective From "Injustice Watch"
- Illinois Cities To State: Hands Off Our Taxes
One day after Israeli forces fired on protesters and killed 60 Palestinians along the Gaza border, the U.N.'s human rights commissioner says that those who were shot included women, children, journalists, first responders and bystanders. "We condemn the appalling, deadly violence in Gaza yesterday," said Rupert Colville, spokesperson for the U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights. While acknowledging that some Palestinian demonstrators tried to damage the barbed wire fence that separates...
- FBI Arrests 'Rocket-Builder' Former Boyfriend Of Woman Killed In California Explosion
- Meet The Popular Venezuelan Candidate With The Best Chance Of Taking On Maduro
- Spread Of Ebola In Congo A 'Game Changer'
- U.S. Births Dip To 30-Year Low; Fertility Rate Sinks Further Below Replacement Level
- British Businesses Hope To Cash In On Royal Wedding
Out and About
- Peoria Players Closes Season with "Mamma Mia"
- Peoria Symphony Offers Musical Visions of Rome
- Heartland Festival Orchestra's "Jazz in Spring" features old favorites, young musicians
- Bradley Community Chorus Director Takes Final Bow with This Weekend's Concert
- Peoria Ballet Goes From ‘Ballet to Broadway’