It was EPIC Firefighter Day at the Peoria Fire Department’s Central House. Peoria firefighters and managers hosted 20 EPIC participants.
Federal net neutrality protections ended Monday, despite Illinois lawmakers attempting to block the move earlier this year. Democrats in both the Illinois House and Senate worked feverishly to get some kind of net neutrality measure passed ahead of the rollback, but to no avail. Its supporters say changing the Obama-era rules allows internet companies to prioritize some websites and content over other kinds. Ed Yohnka of ACLU Illinois says internet users should have the right to choose what...
- 'Voices Act' Could Protect Undocumented Immigrants Who Are Sexual Assault Survivors
- Judge: Fulton Sheen's Remains can go to Illinois from NY
- Chicago Crime Commission Releases 1st Gang Guide since 2012
- Congressional Republicans Oppose Blagojevich Clemency
- Police: 7 Wounded in Apparent Gang-Related Shooting at Party
The migrant rescue ship Aquarius, which was left stranded in the Mediterranean Sea after Italy and Malta closed their ports to it, is heading off on a three-day journey to Spain — with help from the same countries that turned it away. After the ship rescued migrants off the coast of Libya over the weekend, Italy said it wanted the rest of Europe to take the passengers; Malta said this ship was clearly Italy's responsibility. So Spain announced Monday that it would open the port of Valencia to...
Out and About
- Peoria Players Hosts "Show Tunes Sing-Along" this Weekend
- Peoria Bach Festival Returns with Music, Lectures, Activities
- Communities in Tazewell County Host "Fourth Friday" Art Loops This Summer
- Riverfront Market and Sculpture Walk Both Kick Off This Weekend in Downtown Peoria
- Peoria Players Closes Season with "Mamma Mia"