Peoria Public Radio Staff
Mon July 28, 2014
Peoria library branch gets national recognition
The Lincoln Branch library was built with a 20-thousand-dollar grant from Andrew Carnegie in 1910 as a part of his public library building program.
The branch underwent more than $4 million in renovations in 2010 that added 12,000 square feet to the original building.
Lincoln Branch also was recognized by the City of Peoria Historic Preservation Commission and the Central Illinois Landmark Foundation.