CHICAGO (AP) - Authorities say a fire that broke out about halfway up the John Hancock Center Saturday was accidental. Five people were injured.
Flames and thick smoke poured out of an east side window on the 50th floor Saturday. Authorities said the fire did not leave the residential unit where it began but the apartment was gutted and other residents on the floor would be displaced.
The Fire department said the fire was accidental.
The iconic 99-floor building also has offices, shops and an observation floor popular with tourists.