WHAT CAN I DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
- The volunteer helps create fundraising events. Solicit other volunteers, schedules and coordinates them with their job preferences.
On-Air Membership Drives
- Volunteers are needed to help answer telephones and fill out pledge forms during the on-air membership drives. Volunteers work a two to three-hour shift (shifts are scheduled at various times during the day).
- Peoria Public Radio sends letters to potential members. Volunteers help stuff envelopes and get the mailings out.
- Annually, WCBU sends out letters to lapsed members for renewal. Then, volunteers get together for one night to call these individuals and get pledges.
- The Radio Information Service (RIS) is staffed by volunteers reading local publications for the blind, visually impaired and print handicapped individuals in the area. This program is transmitted on a "sub carrier" that can be heard on specially equipped receivers supplied to qualified listeners at no charge. Learn more about RIS. GO >
To volunteer for Peoria Public Radio's next Membership Drive, call or email Jackie Rea at (309) 677-3868.
To volunteer for RIS, call or email Lee Wenger at (309) 677-3585